Learn more about ASICS products, payment methods and MY ASICS. Plus, see our size guides, delivery options and returns policy.
What is the right shoe to start road running?
Depending on your pronation level, there are a few choices for running beginners:
- - Neutral runners: GEL-CUMULUS
- - Overpronators: GT-1000
- - Severe overpronators: GEL-FOUNDATION
What is the right shoe for experienced road runners?
Depending on your pronation level, there are a few choices for people who run 2-3 times a week and are looking to move on from their beginner shoes:
- - Neutral runners: GEL-CUMULUS
- - Overpronators: GT-2000 2
- - Severe overpronators: GEL-FORTITUDE
What is the right shoe for elite road runners?
Professional athletes rely on ASICS running shoes at some of the biggest races in the world. Here are the top-of-the-range shoes that they go for:
- - Neutral runners: GEL-KINSEI
- - Overpronators: GEL-KAYANO
- - Severe overpronators: GEL-FORTE
What is pronation?
Pronation describes the way your foot rolls inward as your foot lands on the ground.
- - Underpronation: your foot doesn’t roll inward enough and the ground impact is transferred up your lower leg
- - Neutral pronation: your foot rolls inwards the ideal amount for an efficient and safe push off
- - Overpronation: your foot rolls inwards too much and as you move forward all your body weight is on the inside of your foot
How will my ASICS shoes wear down?
Like any product used regularly, your shoes will wear down. How quickly depends on your body weight, foot type and mileage. They may wear down faster if you:
- - run on the road at all times
- - overpronate
We recommend changing your running shoes between 450 and 550 miles.
How do I clean running shoes?
- - Remove the sockliner or insole and wash them separately
- - Get mud and grit off the shoe by hand
- - Let your shoes dry naturally – don’t put them on the radiator
How do I prepare for a race?
On the day of your race, there are a few essentials you’ll need at the start line: things like your bib number, timing chip and race entry confirmation.
And of course there’s the marathon running gear you’ll need:
- - Shoes
- - Socks
- - Shorts
- - Running top
- - Jacket
What is natural running?
Natural running means running in specially designed shoes that let you feel more of the ground below your feet.
The shoes are made up of only the essentials and strip out extra cushioning. It’s a very different style of running that feels less restricted.
What is the gait cycle?
The gait cycle describes how your body moves as you walk or run.
It starts when one foot makes contact with the ground. And it ends when that same foot makes contact with the ground again.
It’s made up of 2 phases:
- - Stance: when your foot is touching the ground
- - Swing: when that same foot isn’t touching the ground
How do I recover from a marathon?
Rest is a big part of marathon recovery. But it pays to not stop running completely – otherwise your body might lose the physical fitness you worked hard to achieve in the run up to your race.
Work out your recovery plan.
How can I pay?
Once you’ve added an item to your basket, you can:
- - Click on ‘View basket’
- - Click on ‘Proceed to checkout’
- - Choose whether you want to log in or pay without logging in
- - Enter your delivery details
- - Enter your payment details
- - Review and pay
- - Receive a confirmation email
What payment methods does ASICS accept?
- - Visa
- - MasterCard
- - Maestro
- - PayPal
Is my credit card secure?
Yes, your card details are absolutely secure. In the checkout area you’ll see a green padlock on the address bar, showing this is a secure area.
And our site has the VeriSign Secured logo showing we have SSL certification.
FAQ on returns
You can return any item bought on asics within 30 days of purchase, as long as it’s in its original condition. You’ll need to make sure:
- - All tags are still attached to product
- - The material must be unworn, unwashed, and unaltered
- - It’s in its original packaging
FAQ on sizes
FAQ on delivery
We deliver throughout mainland UK for a flat rate of:
- - 5 euro / £4.25 for standard delivery
Delivery may take up to 3-5 days for standard delivery.